Cloud Database Engineer
Simplex, a Nuvei company, is a B2B2C fintech company leading the mainstream adoption of crypto by offering a variety of fiat/crypto on and off-ramp solutions. Our network of over 250 customers spans the entire crypto ecosystem including all the leading exchanges, wallets and information sites.
At Simplex we think big and act fast, giving you the opportunity to grow, innovate, and be part of the rapidly evolving financial landscape. Now a Nuvei company, we are a global market leader and pioneer in the payments innovation space and value those who question the status quo.
While joining us at Simplex and especially to the DevOps team, you will enjoy the freedom to lead the database aspects in our cloud to a maturity that complies with our highest standards, working with great engineers, top technologies, and an amazing can-do attitude.
About the position:
We are looking for a cloud database engineer to join our DevOps team. You will be responsible for all of our databases, like Postgres, neo4j, mongo, as well as optimizing data for cross-functional teams while working on AWS cloud and using DevOps tools like terraforming, Jenkins, Kubernetes.
As a cloud database engineer at Simplex, you will:
- Manage RDS PostgreSQL instances on AWS (administration, performance tuning, schema design, and migrations)
- Interact with all our data consumers to know their various use cases, understand their challenges, and translate them into tasks to execute
- Work with stakeholders including Product, R&D, and Data teams to assist with data-related technical issues
- SQL code reviews for developers
- Manage Neo4J graph DB instances on GCP
- Manage Redis (elasticate) and MongoDB (document DB) databases on AWS
- As part of your work and DevOps team, you will use the same tools and automation concepts
- Take part and own the solutions used by our data engineering team, such as Airflow and Redash
- 3+ years RDBMS experience (PostgreSQL/MySQL/Oracle)
- High level of SQL (the querying language)
- Vast experience on Linux operating system (Amazon Linux \ Ubuntu \ Redhat)
- Experience with AWS cloud services: RDS Aurora, Elasticache, DocumentDB and others
- Experience with automation around the database's area such as DB migration (flyway)
- .Experience with a scripting language such as Python / Bash
- Familiarity with DevOps tools like terraform, Jenkins, or equivalents is an advantage