Data Engineering Team Lead
Simplex (a Nuvei company) is a global leading fintech company, selected as one of the top 10 most impactful companies in Blockchain in 2019-2020. As a licensed financial institution, Simplex provides the fiat infrastructure for the cryptocurrency industry, working with leading banks and crypto exchanges and ensuring fraud-free payment processing.
Come join us and help define the next generation of payment services, fraud prevention and cryptocurrency.
We’re looking for people who are kind, bright, highly motivated and eager to learn new things & technologies and be a part of something big and new, as a Team Leader of the Data engineering team.
We envision the core Dev team members as the future tech leaders and contributors to the company’s success.
What you'll do:
• Lead and mentor a team of data engineers with broad company ownership who deliver scalable, reliable, and reusable data solutions.
• Design & develop our new data pipelines infrastructure using technologies such as Kafka, Airflow, AWS ECS, Jenkins using our cloud infrastructure based on AWS and GCP.
• Lead our ongoing migration to the SnowFlake data warehouse and maintain production grade systems that hold sensitive financial data.
• Define the company’s data engineering roadmap and make sure it’s implemented using cutting edge technologies.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
• 2+ years as a Team Leader/management position
• At least 4 years of experience managing production grade robust, scalable cloud-based application/s
• Experience with big data solutions like SnowFlake, Postgres, Singlestore, etc.
• Experience in data modeling, task scheduling / data pipelines (Airflow) and SW development practices – Agile, CI/CD tools (Jenkins) • Proficiency with Python, SQL, bash
• Fast learner, a peoples person who has the ability to work independently, learn and implement new technologies
• Experience in real time analytics, and with building automated validation processes to ensure data integrity